Explaining the Osmium Construction Process.
When it comes to building a new home, we want your building journey to be as enjoyable as possible. From initial design to receiving the keys to your dream home, our team is proud to support you every step of the way.
1. CONCEPT DESIGN
- List down your requirements with must have and items that would be nice to have
- Decide, how much you want and can spend – Budget
- Concept design will be sketched according to your individual requirements
- OSMIUM Construction will provide you an initial cost estimate
2. DESIGN & PREPARES DRAWINGS:
- Upon signing a preliminary agreement, we will arrange a soil test and have the floor plan design drawn up for you at cost price.
- From this design we provide with a detailed quote.
- You provide us with a plan of sub division and a copy of your land title.
- OSMIUM Construction will provide working drawings and an engineer’s foundation and structures design at cost.
- Clarify that your finances are in order.
- You approve the drawings or ask us to make any alterations.
- You approve the alterations.
- We go back to finalising your quote and give you a fixed price quote.
3. COLOUR SCHEME, FIXTURES AND FITTINGS SELECTION TIME
- It is time to select your internal and external colours, door handles, doors, toilets etc.
- Once you have supplied us with your selections we can finalise the quote and guarantee you a fixed price to build your home.
4. PREPARATION OF CONTRACT
- OSMIUM Construction will prepare the contract and explain it all carefully for you to review and sign.
- A deposit is to be paid after signing the contract and Builders Warranty Insurance is approved. (NOTE: this is 5% of the contact price less the amount already paid in Step 2)
- OSMIUM Construction arranges building permits and the contract.
- Notify us of the name and billing address for your utilities.
5. WE KEEP YOU UPDATED
OSMIUM Construction will have updates, photos and a time schedule so you can see what is happening next.
6. OSMIUM CONSTRUCTION BUILDS YOUR CUSTOM HOME
As per the contract a percentage of the total contract price is required to be paid in stages. Following are the stages and what percentage is to be paid:
According to QBCC New Home Construction Contract
- First Payment – 5% – Deposit (already paid at this stage)
- 2nd Payment – 15% – Base Stage (excluding 5% deposit)
- 3rd Payment – 20% – Frame Stage
- 4th Payment – 25% – Enclosed Stage
- 5th Payment – 20% – Fixing Stage
- 6th Payment – 15% – Practical Completion Stage
7. INSPECTION BEFORE HANDOVER
- Inspect your new home with us.
- Arrange your house and contents insurance.
- Tell us of any concerns you may have.
- Organise your final payment.
8. KEYS AND HANDOVER
We will have a handover meeting where we will explain our 12-month maintenance program and your warranty responsibilities. We then hand you the keys to your new home!
LOOKING TO CONSTRUCT YOUR HOME?
Our engineers are ready to help you for all your contruction requirements.